Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Welcome to Gahanna...

Today's workout: 30 minute tempo run. I decided to increase my speed to see if my knee could handle it. After 5 min. at a 10:00 pace, I increased to my normal tempo pace of 9:13. I did this for 5 minutes to make sure my knee was ok. Since I had no issues, I increased to an 8:57 pace for 15 minutes. During that time period, the first "Song of the Run" candidate came on:

"Welcome to Atlanta." Except, to keep me excited, I sang it as "Welcome to Gahanna where the playas play and we ride on them thangs like everyday..." Great song.

Towards the end of that 15 min. segment, the second candidate came on:

"Let me clear my throat." If you know the song, you are singing it right now. All I could think about is the hip hop fitness routine. It's not easy to dance and run at the same time...especially on a treadmill. Instead, I had to resort to lip-rapping. I'm 99% sure people think I'm weird when I run.

So, who won song of the run?

No comments:

Post a Comment