Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Must Be Trippin'

What did I do last night? I researched marathons (FULL MARATHONS) that maybe I could potentially do a few weeks after my half marathon...SERIOUSLY?!

I will never forget these famous words (famous only to me and the guy running beside me who overheard me) from my last marathon:
"I'm never doing this $#!+ again!"

I thought those words were so true at the time. The guy said back to me "I said the same thing after my first marathon and I've done 4 or 5 since then." My next thought? "Shut up, dude."



I feel like each year that goes by, I get more and more excited about running. When I read these running blogs (MilePosts, SkinnyRunner, and HungryRunnerGirl), it gets me so excited about training and racing!!!

I haven't had a chance to talk to Mr. Boo about my latest thought...and I'm still working out the details of what this may mean in regards to finances and training. My initial thought is to run the St. Jude Memphis marathon the first weekend in December. I did the half marathon back in 2006.
See how red my face is?! It was SO COLD that day! My half marathon PR is from this race (1:57).

Something else I'm looking into with regards to this topic is the training. I am running the Cbus Half on October 20th which means the Memphis race would be just 7 weeks later. I'm guessing I'd have to begin full marathon training before I even do my half marathon and just incorporate that race into my training.

If anyone has any advice regarding the training part, PLEASE let me know!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment