Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rule Breaker + My Weekend Trip

I broke one of the most important training rules this weekend:
 
NEVER SKIP YOUR LONG RUN!
 
I probably could have made time for it but the last three days have been a roller coaster. I've been sick since Tuesday night and I'm just now starting to feel better.
I left after work on Friday to drive to West Virginia to see my family.
Me with two of my sisters (Ashley is beside me, Katelyn below us)
 
My parents and Katelyn live in WV and Ashley flew in from Nebraska with her two girls.
We celebrated Rylee's 3rd birthday. She wanted a Care Bear party! How awesome is that?!

 And this is Annie. She drools a lot :)
 
Friday was my rest day which worked out perfectly because of the drive. Being sick and driving almost 6 hours isn't ideal! I was so tired when I arrived. I did work up enough energy to go to Target with Katelyn. We mostly browsed...until I found the planners (P.S. I'm obsessed with planners). I needed to buy one for my patient schedule but the other one that I bought is for...well, I'm not sure what it's for yet :)
 
I had trouble sleeping that night and ended up waking up at 5 a.m. I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up at 6 and decided to make quiche for breakfast. I used THIS recipe. It's so yummy! Because I woke up so early, I had a perfectly good opportunity to go for a run...I just didn't feel like it!!! Weird! It must be the fatigue and congestion AND migraine. After breakfast, we drove to DC to pick up Ashley and the girls from the airport. We came back to the house and celebrated Rylee's birthday. She got lots of coloring books (and I LOVE to color), so we had a chance to hang out :)
 
That night, I had some one-on-one time with Ashley (at Target! haha.). I wish I was able to stay longer. I really miss them! Before I left the next day, I experienced a new adventure:
4 Wheeler riding with my sis and Rylee

And 4 Wheeler driving!!
 
I screamed the ENTIRE time! I can't believe I'm 30, from Arkansas, and have never done this before! It was so much fun. I can't wait to revisit over Memorial weekend. I'm gonna show Mr. Boo my driving skills...hehehe. After this, I had to leave. I hate leaving...it's the worst. Of course, I cried. That's just what I do when I leave my family. I just never know when I'll get to see them again. BUT, I'm so thankful that I had the chance to see them...even if it was less than 24 hours.
 
LOVE YOU ASHLEY, RYLEE, AND ANNIE!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment