Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Running Groups and My First Outdoor Run

My body is SO FATIGUED!!! I've worked out hard the last few days. I decided it was a good idea to challenge myself with my 5 miler on Saturday. I thought I was gonna barf. The next day, I decided it would be a good idea to take advantage of the nice weather and mow my yard. I was so tired after mowing the back, I decided to leave the front yard for Monday. We also walked 2 miles with the pups after I mowed. After finishing the front yard on Monday (which is much more difficult than the back), I went to a 2 hour Hip Hop session. OMG. I thought I was ok that night but paid for it the next day!
 
I probably should have rested on Tuesday but I knew I wouldn't workout today (Anniversary!!!). So...I did my first outdoor training run since my marathon in October! I've been training on the treadmill all winter. I thought I would hate it but I kinda liked it...much better than running in the cold.
It was a rough workout. I had to do 4x400 meter intervals including a 10 minute warm up jog and a 400 meter jog after each interval. It's not easy doing speed work when you are already fatigued! My legs felt so heavy but I ran as hard as I could without passing out.
**************
After deciding to run a full marathon again this year, I thought of all the things I could do differently to prevent injury and keep from getting bored. One of the ideas I had was to join a running group. The two I read about were CERC and MIT. If you have any experience with running groups, please let me know! I usually run alone on long runs because I'm paranoid about my time but, after reading the websites, these groups seem very encouraging.


2 comments:

  1. I ran with Front Runner a few years ago and loved them! Will probably join again!

    ReplyDelete