Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Bird Story and My Day

When I was playing outside with the pups yesterday, I noticed a bird on the ground. I went up to it and it looked like it was in the process of dying :( At the time, I didn't think to do anything about it so I just let it be. A few hours later, I went out to mow the backyard and noticed the bird was still moving a little. It broke my heart. I asked Mr. Boo to help me figure out what to do.
 
We called the Wildlife Hospital in Columbus but they were already closed for the day. We then did some internet research and found something to try until we could take it to the hospital the next day. I picked up the little guy and we put him in a shoebox lined with paper towels. The website said to make sure the bird was upright. The poor thing kept plopping to its side so we had to put paper towels on each side to help keep it upright. We checked on him a couple hours later and he was still plopping over. I felt so sad for the birdie. He looked pitiful. We tried to keep him alive through the night but he didn't make it :( I couldn't help but cry.
 
**********
 
My day has been so awesome that I have to share it with everyone. Mr. Boo and I started a new Saturday tradition of volleyball and running in the morning. He goes to Hoff Park in Westerville every Saturday morning to play sand volleyball. I decided that I would start going with him so that I could get in a good Saturday run (P.S. I ran 4.25 miles and felt great!). After finishing my run, I chill out and watch him play :) I also added a donut run into that tradition (Schneider's Bakery in Westerville is da bomb!):
 
 
After returning home, my mother-in-law came to visit for an hour or so. The girls were so excited to see grandma!!! Mr. Boo and I then went on our first Zoombezi Bay trip of the summer:
 
 
Unfortunately, I can't do any rides this year because of the pregnancy :( I guess it will be a lot of reading and lazy river for me! As we were getting our tan on, Mr. Boo said "I really want to eat a lot of fatty food right now!" I didn't feel led to disagree :) We decided to go to Chili's cuz we love their chips-n-salsa.
 
All of this by 6:15. Have a good night friends!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment