Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Stepped On The Scale

When I found out I was pregnant, one of my first thoughts was: "Holy Crap, I'm gonna gain weight."
 
The thought totally freaks me out. Since I hit my average weight in high school, the only time I gained weight was my freshman year of college (I gained the freshman 10 rather than 15). By the following year, I was back to my normal weight again.
Initially, I decided that I wasn't going to weigh myself. I figured if I was going to the doctor each month, I would just find out then. Today, I was at the gym and decided to step on the scale. I was 5 lbs. over the top of my weight range (I don't have one number I'm always at...I usually fall within a 4 lb. range). Oh Dear Lord.
I know 5 lbs is totally normal for the first trimester but I sill don't like it. I don't feel fat...except when I'm bloated...which is 75% of the time! I think I've learned my lesson and I'm just not going to step on the scale unless it's at the doctor. I figure if I'm gaining an unhealthy amount of weight, my doc will tell me.


1 comment:

  1. I never did either unless I was at the docs. It was so crazy to see numbers I had never EVER seen on the scale! haha. I guess the comforting thing is it's totally normal and healthy! :) (and, it'll go away!) :)

    ReplyDelete