Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm on Fire...and This is Dedicated to the Person Who Fueled It

Some one pissed me off  annoyed me today. I have to get it out of my system or it will continue to bother me. Most of you know that, yesterday, I mentioned on Facebook (and in my blog) that I had a bad running day. This is my quote from Facebook:
 
"So annoyed with my body right now. I've been looking forward to running all day...as soon as I start, so do the side stitches...and they won't go away! Ahhhhh!!!"
 
My dad and I joked back and forth about the baby not liking running. Good, fun conversation. Then, today, I received this response (exact quote):
 
"Welcome to pregnancy. I used to be a gym rat, but I couldn't work out the whole time I was pregnant. I felt terrible and I hurt everywhere. Plus my heart rate would sky rocket and my bp would crash with just walking. I'll be impressed if you can keep up running."
 
For whatever reason, pregnancy emotions, my normal personality, etc., this set me on fire. Here's my response:
 
1) Every pregnancy is unique. Just because that was your experience, doesn't mean it will be mine. You were pregnant...have some empathy.
 
2) I'm in my first trimester. It's a shocking experience your first time. My body is adjusting and figuring things out. I know I can't run the same as I did prior to pregnancy but I CAN RUN! Not as far, not as fast...but that's ok. My doctor says it's ok to run, so I'll keep doing it. Give me 4 more weeks and I'll kick your butt in any 5k of your choice (disclaimer: this sentence is not to the general public but to the fuel of my fire). :)
 
3) As cheesy as it sounds: If you can't say anything encouraging, don't say it at all. Your response was so discouraging. Why would you want to say that to someone who is pregnant and loves to run/workout. For your information, I'm still doing Hip Hop Fitness, running 5k's, and strength training. So suck it.
 
4) Finally, I want to thank you. Why, you ask? Because you just gave me all the motivation I need to keep going and not give up. The fact that you said "I'll be impressed if you can keep up running" makes me want to do it even more.
 
That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment