Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Friday, March 29, 2013

Jello Legs + Randoms

Random #1: I love Whit's Frozen Custard. In fact, I'm going to pause after I finish the next sentence to go and get me a Snickers Whitser. Click my link, find the nearest location, and GO THERE!!!

Today was supposed to be a rest day on my 5k program. I decided to do some strength training. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow...I have to run 6 miles! I love to read various health magazines and tend to tear out the different workouts. I went through my stash and picked out the following workouts.

1. "Build Strength, Fry Fat" from Women's Health Magazine, April 2013. It was a fun and challenging circuit...hence "jello legs." Basically, you do each exercise for 30 seconds without rest between each exercise. After the circuit of 6, you rest one minute...do that 3-4 times (I did three).
Dumbbell Squat and Pushup

Bent-Over Row and Goblet Split-Squat

Pushup-Position Row and Overhead Press
 
They say to use a challenging weight with the suggestion of 12 lbs. I used 15 lbs. for all of them except the overhead press.
 
Random#2: I have to work tomorrow...and it's Saturday. I shouldn't complain...at least I have a sweet job.
 
2. "Blast Your Lower Half" from Women's Health Magazine, March 2012.
Side Leg Raise (a.k.a. hip abduction), Clamshell, Hip Raise (a.k.a. Bridge), Cross-Body Mountain Climber.
The instructions say to do just 5 reps of each exercise on each side (when applicable) but to perform it slowly, taking 10 seconds to do each exercise...2-4 circuits.
 
After doing the first workout, my legs were shaking like crazy while doing the second workout!
 
Random #3: Breakfast for dinner is my favorite meal EVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment