Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, March 11, 2013

My Stinkin' Knee

Remember my TRAINING UPDATE a couple of posts ago? Somewhere in that post I said I was excited about my 6 mile run...well, it sucked! I finished it but not without pain (or feeling like I wanted to barf). The worst decision I made that workout was to actually run 6 miles.
 
My knee hurt right from the beginning...but I continued to run. To prevent boredom, I switched from 6.0 to 6.1 mph every three minutes. That made the workout go by pretty fast. Fortunately, I never felt the shooting pain but I felt that weird semi-intense pressure. It was after the run that I really felt the pain. I even felt it into the next day. I skipped my easy 3 miler and went on a walk with my pups instead...we walked about 55 minutes. The knee hurt initially but went away after about 15 minutes. I decided to skip Hip Hop Fitness tonight to do something less intense so that my knee feels good for the Shamrock Run this Sunday!!!
 
Click HERE to read details. Come out and cheer me on if you want!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment