Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tilapia Tacos (and other randoms)...

First random: This morning I was reminded of a time I tried calling my husband "boo" and accidentally called him "boob." Good times.

I was trying to think of a different way to prepare or use tilapia. I've been making pecan crusted tilapia and got bored. After some research, I found a few recipes for tilapia tacos. I combined recipes and comments I read and came up with this:

I started by making some southwest seasoning.
You can find the recipe HERE (it's Emeril's).
 
I then chopped up onion, red bell pepper, and a jalapeno pepper to saute for the tacos.
Yes, there is a lime...it will be used when cooking the fish.
 
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan or on a griddle over medium heat (some recipes say medium-high heat but I found, when I made the pecan crusted tilapia, that it can sometimes burned at that temperature). After putting the tilapia in the pan to cook one side (approx 4 minutes), squeeze some lime juice and put the southwest seasoning on the other side. Flip the tilapia and repeat the same step.
 
Some recipes say you can actually mix the sauteed veggies in with the the tilapia (after it cooks) but Mr. Boo and I like different things so I kept it separate and used it as my topping.
 
Second Random: Mr. Boo and I have become addicted to "King of the Nerds" on TBS (Thursdays at 10pm...but tonight's the finale).
 
Last Random: Chandler is my favorite friend on "Friends."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment