Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

5 Goals for 2014 (Inspired by the "She Reads Truth" Blog)

She Reads Truth is a daily devotional blog that I follow (when I'm actually being obedient to reading God's word). I did not follow the Advent series but looked back at a post from December 28th. The scripture was Titus 2:11-3:7 of which I took away the following (some of these are from her blog post list and some from my own list):
 
-Salvation is for ALL people, not just certain people groups (2:11)
-If we are "saved," we should desire self control and live upright and godly lives, eager to do good (2:12-14)
-These are the things I should teach to James (2:15)
-I need to be gentle, obedient, and kind (3:1-2)
-God saved us through Jesus...we didn't earn this...He did it despite our lives and goof-ups (3:4-7)
 
 
The blog writer then encouraged us to set five goals for 2014. I meditated on this passage and really thought about what I wanted to accomplish...so here goes:
 
1- To be a better person...not just in general but for Baby James. I want to be a good example for him when he gets old enough to learn and understand...which means I need to change myself NOW. It's amazing how having a child makes you want to be a better person. One of my biggest mother fears is that I won't be able to teach him morals/values/godliness.
 
2- Inspire and stay positive through my adjustment to being a mom (if you follow my blog, you know about this one).
 
3- Run at least one half marathon. You all know I have to make a running goal! I would like to run the Columbus Half in October. Once I start training, you will hear all about it :)
 
4- Soak in EVERY SINGLE MOMENT with Jimmy, James, Angel, and Izzie. You just never know what will happen and I don't want to let any experience, good or bad, pass me by.
 
5- Be a better wife. My husband deserves it. Nuff said.
 
 
As I read through this blog to edit it, I can't help but think, "Man, I'm a freakin' adult know! So weird!"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment