Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Baby James: Week 4...Dang, My Boy's Dope

I know my post title is kind of stupid but I've been trying to go with an alphabet theme and this week is "D." I guess I'm not feeling creative today!

James has really been growing and I just had to take a naked pic at bath time! I have no clue how much he weighs and I'm tempted to take him by the pediatrician office to find out :)

James' week 4 firsts:

-Watched his first Colts playoff game (Thanks to our friends, Adam and Jackie, we have a Colts paci!)

-Tried his first bottle...DISASTER! I know it's going to be tough but, after this experience, we decided to wait another week before we try again...it was THAT bad.

-James went to church for the first time (His lips are saying the "lujah" part of "hallelujah.")

-I noticed James sucking his fingers for the first time

-First restaurant outing to Chili's...I was so nervous because it was 2 hours since he last ate and I thought for sure he'd freak out at the restaurant. He didn't make a peep!

-First time at Life Group...he was alert the whole time and was being a good boy.

-Went to our first Baby Laptime at the library. He slept almost the entire time but I participated anyway :)

Other adventures include listening to lots of John Mayer, spending time with daddy, going to Target, and eating at the mall with daddy, Aunt Amy, Uncle Chris, Molly, and Cooper. 

I did have a couple of adventures at home this week. Monday, James was very restless and a little fussy. At one point, I opened a delicious popsicle and started to eat it when James became fussy. SO..I was trying to soothe him while eating my already opened popsicle before it melted all while my beagle, Angel, was barfing on my favorite blanket that was on the couch. Whew! Somehow, I managed to stay calm during this entire incident...not sure how that happened!

On Wednesday, I thought James was sick when he woke up. He was sneezing and crying and spitting up a lot. I felt his head and knew he didn't have a fever so that made me less worried. He was so upset that he wouldn't even latch to eat. I took the syringe to get all of the extra spit out of his mouth. He calmed down 15 or so minutes later and was ready to eat. Guess he wasn't sick after all!

Spread out or curl up?! This boy can't make up his mind! P.S. I'm sure he'll appreciate the top pic when he's a senior in high school.

Mr. Boo and I started a very important process this week. We began our search for a caregiver for when I go back to work. I was so nervous about this. I emailed 15 people from various Craigslist ads and heard back from 5 of them. We've met with three of them so far and they are all great in different ways. No crazies yet! Mr. Boo and I definitely agree on our favorite so far and have discussed the pros and cons of the other two women. Two of them had to cancel their original appointments so we are hoping to see them at the beginning of the week so we can make a decision by Wednesday or Thursday. I feel a lot less nervous after meeting them and know that James will be taken care of when I return to work. 

A gift from Uncle Kevin and Aunt Stephanie...a personalized name book.

I look forward to a special "James turns 1 month" post next week and also plan to post something from Mr. Boo's perspective regarding bottle training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment