Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, January 6, 2014

My Cardio Return, T minus ONE Week...Where Do I Even Begin?!

This is no joke: The first thing I did when I found out I was pregnant was go to the library to check out THIS BOOK. This book had a workout guide titled "6 Weeks to Running Again." Hopefully you can see these pics enough to get the idea (click on them, maybe?):
 

 
My initial reaction was "That's it?! Are you serious?!" But then I remembered what my body did 3 LONG weeks ago. I'm a sucker for following programs EXACTLY how they are stated...and, after Dr. P releases me to work out next week, I'm going to start this program and do exactly what is says (DESPITE MY SKEPTICISM). If the workouts seem too easy, I'll skip a few weeks (the program says I can, I promise!).
 
I'm just going to follow the "listen-to-your-body" rule. Fortunately, I'm very good at that rule and not too stubborn. I'm very anxious about my first session back to Hip Hop. I'm so used to shakin' it with a belly that I'm afraid I'll be so uncoordinated! Maybe I should practice at home first! LOL.
 
For the next two days, I'm going to avoid taking my babe out in this cold (he is currently farting on my as I type this) and I'll try this workout from FitPregnancy called the Pop Up Workout ("ballet-Pilates mash-up"). I may even try some lunges and squats while carrying baby James...that should get me ready for all of those Hip Hop squats!


No comments:

Post a Comment