Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Inspire: My Attempt To Get Back My Pre-Pregnancy Body

I have no idea how my body will change in the next week, month, year...you get the idea...but I'm certainly interested to see what will happen to it now that I can exercise again. As you all may know, I went to my OB-Gyn on Tuesday and received the official word that I can start my workout routine again. My first workout? Hip Hop, naturally! I went yesterday and it felt amazing!


I know that women can be super self conscious about their bodies, weight, etc. Not gonna lie, I wasn't looking forward to stepping on the scale at Dr. P's yesterday. My goal, as hard as it may be, is to be totally honest and transparent when it comes to my quest to attempt to get my pre-pregnancy body. In a way, I want a different body.


 I felt like I was getting a little too skinny towards the end of my running season the year before (I got as low as 113 lbs. and I'm about 5'8"). When I found out I was pregnant, I weighed 117 lbs. and gained 30 lbs. during my pregnancy. At the doctor's office yesterday, the scale read "130 lbs." I wasn't totally shocked. It's about what I expected...but that doesn't mean I have to like it! It's so weird to see those numbers even though I know in my head that I just assisted in forming a human being.
I'm hoping if I pray hard enough, I can keep my new boobs and hips and just get rid of my new pudgy belly :) I can't believe I'm about to show y'all this picture but here is a front and side view of my pudgy belly that I took yesterday before Hip Hop:


P.S. My stomach has NEVER looked like this. I wonder if I'll ever have this one again:








1 comment:

  1. I would love to have ur post preg belly! You're beautiful no matter what! I understand that chub is foreign to ya, but it keeps u warm in winter.~Niki cuz

    ReplyDelete