Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Training for My First Post Pregnancy Race and a Workout Update

I really like the running programs off About.com. I've been using this website the last two or three years since I discovered it. This is my plan for the Lady Tutu 5k on March 29th at Easton.


WeekMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
1CT or Rest3 x 400 IW2 m run30 min tempoRest5 m run30 min EZ
2CT or Rest4 x 400 IW2 m run30 min tempoRest5 m run35 min EZ
3CT or Rest4 x 400 IW3 m run30 min tempoRest6 m run35 min EZ
4CT or Rest5 x 400 IW3 m run35 min tempoRest6 m run40 min EZ
5CT or Rest5 x 400 IW3 m run35 min tempoRest7 m run35 min EZ
6CT or Rest6 x 400 IW3 m run40 min tempoRest6 m run40 min EZ
7CT or Rest6 x 400 IW3 m run40 min tempoRest7 m run45 min EZ
8CT or Rest3 m run30 min tempo run2 m runRestRest5K Race!


I have the luxury of having a husband that loves feeding James with a bottle so he doesn't mind watching him so that I can go workout! Thank you so much, Boo...one of the many reasons I love you so much. I've been able to do my weekly Hip Hop along with trips to the gym to run on the treadmill or indoor track (which I'm not a fan of but I'd rather not run in this crap weather!). The days that I know we have something at night, I find time to do it at home during the day. This can be challenging because my workout is typically broken up into various time increments because James may wake up and need me or the pups think I'm trying to play with them (what about a plank screams "I want to play tug-of-war?!).

Even though I worked out during my entire pregnancy, it amazes me how creating, growing, and giving birth to a human messes up your body! I feel so weak...especially in my core. Almost every workout I do makes my core sore. I did P90X chest/back workout yesterday (which consists of various push ups, pull ups, and row exercises), and it kicked my butt! I am so sore today! I look forward to keeping you all posted on my training. I'm looking at the program above and thinking "I haven't done that many miles since the first trimester of my pregnancy!" Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment