Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, February 3, 2013

NOT AN INJURY!

The last thing a runner (or any athlete) wants is an injury. I'm very confident I have a knee injury (possibly from that marathon I ran) but I'm unsure how severe it may be. I suppose the good thing is that I only get it with running...typically around 3 miles. I don't even get it during 2 hour Hip Hop sessions. It feels like this semi-intense pressure in my knee that, if it popped, would make me feel better. That's the only way I can think to describe it.
 
Today, it presented slightly different. I've been running on the treadmill because I hate running in the cold. I had to do 5 miles...around mile 3, I began feeling the pressure. About a half mile later, this shooting pain began...it happened maybe 5 or so times before my run ended. Each time it happened, I felt like I had to grab the bar on the treadmill or I would fall (which would have been awesome).  I might just have to keep my mileage down until it heals...I just hope it's nothing serious.
 
If any of you have experienced something similar, please let me know your story!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment