Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dinner for The Roths

Our friends, Jordan and Lindsay, just had their baby, Michael Jon, less than a week ago and I got to meet him last night!!! He is such a cutie :) But he thinks every boob is his mom's so be careful if you hold him!
 
When I was trying to figure out what to make them for dinner, I knew I wanted it to be feel good food...good for the soul. I decided to make meatloaf and mac-n-cheese! I used the same mac-n-cheese recipe I've posted in the recent past. You can check it out HERE. Very easy to make.
 
I've never made homemade meatloaf before so this was a new adventure for me. I used THIS basic recipe from Martha Stewart but made a few changes based on stuff I read and stuff I just wanted to do:
 
-I used GF white bread.
-I omitted the ground pork and just used 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef.
-I used 1 garlic clove instead of two.
-I added 1/2 tsp. sage.
-After shaping the meat, I put three slices of bacon on top.
 
It ended up being delish! My only regret is that I didn't take a picture :)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment