Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Derby Dinner

Warning: You are about to see a bunch of pictures of food. I like food. I like to make food for my friends/family (and take pictures of it). Very well then.

Our friends, The Hughes and The Lobbs, joined us for a derby themed dinner tonight. By the way, we didn't even watch the race! It's all about eating and fellowship :) HERE'S the link to my pinterest board where I found my menu ideas. There were a few things on my original menu that I intended to make but, with the smaller crowd, I decided to down-size the menu.

Pretty plates and bowls :)

Sweet tea...a must-have
 
Buttermilk Biscuits

Salad. YUM.
 
Watermelon. There is something about it that screams "Summer!"

Mac-n-cheese
 
Dessert. Strawberry cupcakes.
 
We ate dinner on the patio. It was SO NICE outside. That is my Mamaw's old table (notice the yellow legs!).
 
Not pictured, but also on the menu, was baked beans and the pork that Mr. Boo smoked in the smoker pictured above. Luckily for us, we have left-overs :)
 
 Random note: My friend, Jenny, brought me this tea:
 
Thanks, Jenny! Can't wait to try it!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment