Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Don't Mess With My Coffee


I'm sure you coffee lovers will appreciate this. I love my morning/afternoon coffee. I'm a slow sipper. For me, it's not about getting a certain amount of coffee into my system. It's about the enjoyment of the process. This morning, someone messed that up for me...
 
I had an OB appointment to get my IUD. I didn't have any patients to see so I was in charge of getting both Ruthie and myself to the appointment. In order to make this happen, I had to take some coffee to go. I didn't mind the traffic on the way to Westerville because it allowed me to sip on my Starbucks dark roast + Cinnabon creamer. YUUUUUMY!
 
When I arrived to my appointment, they called me back and asked me to pee in a cup. PEE IN A CUP?! I am the WORST at making that happen. Each time I was pregnant, they allowed me to bring a sample with me because I could never pee when I arrived to the office. Stage fright. One time, I had to take a drug test for a job, and it took me 2 hours to make it happen. I literally drank water for two hours just to produce a tiny squirt.
 
So, anyway, I told the nurse I couldn't pee and she basically forced me to make it happen. In order to do so, I was forced to drink my coffee to fill my bladder. I had to gulp my coffee rather than sip and enjoy. Bull-ish. After chugging, I still couldn't produce what they needed. Finally, they agreed to let me give up. The problem? I came into the appointment with delicious coffee that I was ready to enjoy. I left the appointment with NO coffee and a bleeding vagina. Awesome.
 
Has anyone ever ruined your coffee experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment