Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, October 2, 2016

BMB: Week 2 and RR

Building My Base and Ruthie Randoms

**********
Sibling time!

Something I've noticed this week is that my post run knee and ankle achiness has decreased tremendously. I can safely say my ankle pain has been non-existent. My knees still ache occasionally, but the intensity is more tolerable. I'm starting to think the knee crap is related more to wacky hormones.

  • 9/26: 4.78 stroller miles, 9:33/mile. Took Roop out for some evening miles. I was too tired to wake up and go at 5 a.m. Sometimes, you just can't get your body to cooperate that early. 
    Ready to roll!
  • 9/27: 5.28 stroller miles, 10:16/mile. I wanted to try to run 5 miles but realized I needed 0.28 more to reach 95 miles. It's only logical that I run that extra to make my number even.
  • 9/28: REST. Took a day off to prep for my long run. 
  • 9/29: 8.01 miles, 9:00/mile. I decided to go ahead and get my long run out of the way. Amanda agreed to slow down and meet me for some easy miles. Every time I run, I am reminded of how long it takes me to warm up. I just don't feel good for at least the first 4-6 miles. It probably didn't help that our first mile was up an incline. Four of my miles were sub 9 with my best one being 8:34. Progress! I'm just ecstatic that I ran that far!!
    I could not have accomplished this alone. Thanks, Amanda!
  • 9/30: 5.03 miles, 9:06/mile. A little 5@5 action with some friends. These early mornings NEVER get easy!
    After sharing the first 4 miles with a large group, Meg and I ran an extra together. So glad to be back with my old friends!
  • 10/1: REST. Part of me wanted to run but my day was too busy. I didn't want to wake up early. It ended up being a perfect day filled with lots of family time.
  • 10/2: 6.53 miles, 9:10/mile. I met a friend at Highbanks for some hill action. I love this place. I'm actually sad I have to miss out on it next weekend!
    It's not easy getting your Garmin AND your zebra sports bra in the same pic.

I'm really excited about this upcoming week. I increased my monthly goal from 80 (goal from last month but actually ran 101.29 miles, walked 6.77 miles) to 125 for October. I'll just need to run a few more miles each week. I'm also joining a couple of friends on their tempo run to see how I handle running in the mid 8s for an extended period of time. Not gonna lie...I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm in no hurry to get back to where I was last year, but I'll never know my fitness level if I don't put myself out there!
 
**********
 
Ruthie Randoms:
 
-As of 3:30 p.m. today, she has not pooped. It has been 7 days! UGH. 
 
-She weighs just over 10 lbs. My girl is getting big!
 
-She survived her first week at the babysitter's house. She went 3 of 5 days this week. I was fortunate enough to have a slow schedule that allowed me to stay home with her on Tuesday and Thursday.
Ms. Jane sent this to me shortly after I dropped off Roop. It seriously made my day.
 
-She's becoming so smiley! I LOVE it!!
 
- She ran 10.06 miles this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment