Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, August 6, 2015

No Unnecessary Drama for This Momma



I will begin with words sung by Mary J:
 
So tired, tired of this drama
No more, no more
I wanna be free
I'm so tired, so tired
 
**********
 
 
I've been on a recent mission to clear unnecessary drama from my life. Particular events in the last 7-8 months have caused a level of drama that I've never known. I wasn't part of drama like this in high school but the events that have occurred make me think that's what high school drama is probably like!
 
A year ago, I joined a particular group on Facebook. To protect my friends and fellow sisters, I will not give any details of this group and what it was meant for. This group presented many positive things for me at that time in my life...new friends, encouragement, and motivation to be a better me.
 
Now for one of Lisa's "keepin' it real" moments: You get a large group of women together (like more than a thousand women) and there's bound to be at least one bad apple. There's bound to be cattiness. There's bound to be some crap that hits the fan.

That's why I'm striving to rid my life of unnecessary storms.

I really enjoyed being a part of this group until I began to witness the gossip, malice, slander, and two-faced actions of some of these women. I've always struggled to develop relationships with other women. I'm not girly so I had a hard time relating. When most men take jabs at each other, they understand that it's a joke...that's just how they treat each other. When women take jabs at each other, it's personal...it's out of jealousy, envy and insecurity. No wonder I had issues opening up to women!
 
I must say that there are some absolutely amazing women I have developed relationships with through this process and I'm so thankful for those relationships. I feel confident enough in those relationships to make the decision I made tonight.
 
I decided that the toxicity of this Facebook group overshadowed the benefits of being a part of it. I decided to remove myself from this group (praise the Lord). I know which of these ladies support me. I know the ones who have my back and want what's best for me. I know the ones who will support me in the most sincere way. I have never felt so much relief to rid my life of unnecessary drama that has no effect on my Kingdom journey. I want to be part of the Light, not the Darkness. As I've mentioned in previous posts, as I've been processing my problems, I've finally realized I have to completely cut stupid things out of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment