I've been quiet about my life issues the past week. Why, you ask? BECAUSE I'VE CUT THE DANG DRAMA OUT! Three+ weeks after blocking some peeps and 1+ weeks after removing myself from a certain Facebook group, I am FINALLY feeling some mental relief! I should probably stop here with this topic because, as soon as I feel some relief, some kind of drama seems to pop up!
|Sun! Dani said she felt like a vampire coming out of the woods of Highbanks into the bright, rising sun!|
Last week, I left you with a funky week of not being overly excited about running. I told you about a pain that made me fearful of potential injury. I haven't felt that pain since Saturday. As a precaution, I took the first half of my training week fairly easy. I had hill repeats scheduled for my first workout but decided to run the miles without the hill repeats. After a rest day and two easy runs, I felt ready for my race pace run on Thursday. My spirit took a 180 this week...well, maybe more like 140. I was happier and less stressed. Here are this weeks highs and lows:
- As mentioned above, no hill repeats. I like those workouts so, in a selfish way, I feel I missed out. On the other hand, I don't feel guilty at all for skipping it because it was a wise decision just in case I was injured.
- General fatigue. Even though my first two runs of the week were easy, I still felt some left over fatigue from the week before. I guess I'll take fatigue over pain any day.
- My aching coccyx (pronounced "kok-siks but I prefer "kok-icks"). I think it's an over 30 thing. I had no trauma to it which is shocking because I'm always trying to fall and hurt myself. My best guess is that it was irritated when I tried lifting a 32 count water bottle thing onto the high shelf at the self checkout.
I think that shelf above the plastic bags is what did it :(
|A little anatomy for you.|
- Poor sleeping. I was going to say lack of sleep but that's my situation every week. This week, it was so bad that I nearly fell asleep at the wheel two different days at work. Those were probably the same two days I had afternoon coffee. Not sure what my deal was this week but I was feeling worn down in that department.
|Your daily dose of truth.|
- Another successful race pace run. The fear will never cease. I will always, no matter what, get nervous about these training runs. This week, my task was to run 7 miles at my race pace....7 MILES! I was fortunate enough to be joined by Jackie and Meggie this week. The total run was 9.2 miles and 8:10 average pace with the fast miles being 8:08, 7:56, 7:46, 7:49, 7:56, 7:57, 7:44. There were some unexpected inclines but we powered through!
- Long Run. We had a group of 6 for this one and ran in Dublin (Dublin=rolling hills). We missed most of the crazy hills. That might have been strategic on Theresa's end ;). Highlights include, but not limited to: Marion jumping towards me out of fear of the dark unknown, running through the "Tunnel of the Dementors," no skunk appearances, three deer, and hugs.
- Highbanks. It's no secret...I love this place. It was extra challenging today but I thinks it's because of my coccyx (which felt MUCH better this morning) and the fact that I was trying out some trail shoes that I borrowed from Meggie. The shoes seemed to work well for me but they're heavier than my other shoes. I'm thinking I might have to eventually buy a pair and use them regularly to get used to it.