Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, August 17, 2015

Afternoon Coffee


The evolution of coffee drinking has always been a passion of mine. Maybe I'm exaggerating...but it's definitely an interest. I can't recall how old I was the first time I drank coffee, but I know I was young (and I know that it had a crap ton of sugar and milk). It was like a treat to me. I remember my mom letting me drink it on the weekends...usually 1-2 cups.
 
In undergrad, I don't recall it being a thing of importance. I would drink coffee only if I was visiting home. Knowing my love for coffee now, it sort of blows my mind that it wasn't a priority in college. I must have had superpowers. I'm not sure how I held a full time school schedule, managed the GPA I had, hung out with friends, AND worked 30ish hours a week at Munchy's...all WITHOUT COFFEE.

Leave it to grad school to reintroduce coffee into my life. The time in my life that I had absolutely no money was the same time in my life that I met Starbucks for the first time. Need I say more? My friends and I went to coffee shops most days of the week to study. We didn't order just coffee. We ordered the lattes, the mochas, etc. If I could turn back time, I'd make myself like regular coffee so that we could save money and study at our homes!
 
When I finally became a real adult with a real job, my interests turned to regular coffee. I progressed from cream and sugar and eventually to just cream. When I started working with the geriatric population, I was impressed by their ability to drink black coffee. I was inspired to set the goal of drinking black coffee by the time I turned seventy.

Nowadays, I've ventured into the flavored creams...my favorite being Cinnabon. I MUST have coffee EVERY morning or I will freak out. That's why I'm not always perky when I go for those early morning runs. Well, that AND lack of sleep...which leads me to my point.

The past two weeks, I've started drinking afternoon coffee! Not everyday. Just a couple times a week. Life has been lacking in the sleep department and my body can't keep up with all of its demands. On the other hand, I'm wondering if this is my transition into the next coffee phase. I mean, I am going to be 33 this year! That's gotta mean something, right? I guess we'll see where this interesting topic leads me in life.
 
 
Tell me about your coffee evolution!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment