Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I Have Insecurities, Too.

Peoples' opinions shouldn't matter. Period. To an insecure person, they do. If I go by that way of thinking, I AM INSECURE.
 
I am allowing one, two, or three people that I hardly know to get under my skin. Why? The only reason I am allowing it to happen is because I'm afraid of what they may or may not be saying about me to people that don't know me. Why do I care about the opinions of people who don't know me or care about me? The truth is, I shouldn't care...but I do. There are more days that I don't think about these people but it seems like, when things die down and there is no drama, one of these GEMS decides to do something stupid.
 
I may regret putting this out there, but it helps me to blog it out and it keeps me honest. I know that I'm not the only one to feel this way at some point. As I've said in a previous post, it blows my mind that women who are years older than me act like such children. How is that fulfilling? Dealing with selfish, rude people is annoying. 
 
I need to keep in mind that I am not defined by these other insecure women. I am defined by MY LORD AND SAVIOR. If someone doesn't want to like me based on someone else's opinion, so be it. That's life. I just keep holding onto the hope that people's true colors will be revealed if/when appropriate.
 
I want to continue my journey to become a better Lisa. I will never be perfect but I want to strive to be a better person, more loving towards my "enemies," and to embrace the relationships that build me up rather than tear me down.
 
I don't even want to edit this post so hopefully I made sense. I don't even feel like adding pics. Feel free to share your insecurities if it feels freeing to you. I will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment