Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Random Postpartum Thoughts

  1. Crying- Obviously, hormones go crazy and YOU WILL CRY. If you didn't do your share of crying, you have no soul (please know that I'm joking but really?!)! For the first few days, I cried every time I tried to go to sleep. I just prayed and cried. It wasn't necessarily a bad cry...it was more like "I can't believe I have the cutest baby in the world," "I don't deserve this precious baby," "I'm afraid I won't be able to figure things out/be a good mom." Then, all of a sudden, I didn't cry anymore. After texting with my friend, Jackie, I think my experience might have something to do with the placenta pills that I'm taking. Jackie said that she noticed a difference in her crying/emotions when she didn't take her pill. I haven't skipped taking my pill and, after talking with Jackie, I'm afraid to do so! I'm hoping that is what's helping to keep my emotions in check :)
  2. Belly- I was so concerned with how my previously flat belly was going to look after being pregnant (so stupid, I know, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a concern). This is what I imagined: Have you ever watched The Biggest Loser? I imagined my belly looking as if I was 300+ lbs. and had lost 200 of it...that saggy skin look. Boy, was I wrong! After delivering James, it simply looked like I was still pregnant...just not as far along. The only difference is that I felt it jiggle when I walked rather than it being hard like during pregnancy. As the days have gone on, I still have a pudge but it is slowly getting smaller. The fact that it's cookie/holiday season doesn't help things out...50% of my diet the last 2 weeks has been cookies! Now that I can drive (YAY!), I'll be able to go for walks on a daily basis until I can start other cardio activity. I can also slowly start doing other exercise at home like squats, lunges, and maybe even some light abdominal and yoga moves. I'll just listen to my body and see how things go.
  3. Trying on pre-pregnancy pants- Kind of wish I had waited for this one! Today, Mr. Boo and I went to Meijer and I wanted to wear some real pants or jeans...so I did it...I tried on some pre-pregnancy jeans! Oy. I'm currently trying to figure out if my hips are going to stay the same size or shrink along with my belly. Honestly, I'm ok with my current hips...I just want to know if there is shopping in my future or if I'll be able to squeeze into those favorite jeans of mine that I love oh so much. I did fit into a pair that is a little stretchier so all hope is not lost. :)
  4. Pumping- Please tell me about your pumping experiences the next time I see you or in a message. I just started trying to pump milk yesterday and VERY little came out. I thought it might have been because James was eating every 1 1/2 hours yesterday which is unusual for him. I only tried once yesterday and once so far today. I had better luck today but it still wasn't a whole lot. The pediatrician told me to pump the breast that he feeds from the least after that specific feeding. Does it just take time to establish good pumping? I dunno...guess I need to do some research or contact a lactation consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment