Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baby Boo: 38 Weeks

I'm so excited about my OB appointment that I'm writing my post a day early!!
 
 
I'm so curious about Baby Boo's size. Will (s)he be a fatty like I was? Or a slightly smaller fatty like Mr. Boo was?!
 
Thebump.com says nothing earth-shattering but it mentions "lightning crotch" because of the baby compressing on the nerves...mine is more like lightning butt. EEK. Despite the occasional surprises (which don't happen very often), I'm loving all the movement the baby makes :)
 
I'm still working out but my running tolerance has significantly decreased this week. I went to the Y on Saturday and did 2 miles total but alternated 1/4 mile walk and 1/4 mile jog. I felt great doing it that way but had a little pelvic soreness the rest of the day. The thing I noticed the most during the jogging was how bad I felt like I had to pee! I went to the restroom after finishing and just produced a little squirt! Baby's pushing on my poor bladder like crazy! I also did Hip Hop Fitness on Sunday and tolerated the whole hour. I took Monday off and felt like a new woman the next day!
 
I guess I started "nesting" this week. I'm just trying to keep myself as busy as possible so that I'm not focusing so much on when Baby Boo might get here.
 
I took a breastfeeding class on Monday night (a.k.a. my "booby class" according to Mr. Boo). It was free through the pediatrician's office and I wanted to make sure I did enough reading about the topic. I did learn a few new things and it made me a little more confident about what I had already learned.
 
I had my OB appointment this morning and it put the biggest smile on my face for the rest of the day! Baby Boo's heart rate is a healthy 140 bpm and its head is still way down there in proper position. Dr. P was back from vacation so he was able to check my cervix. I am only 1cm dilated (which is no surprise because I haven't had any contractions since my false labor incident) but I am 80% effaced!!! Dr. P said his best educated guess is that he'll see me a week from today at my next appointment but that I can expect to have Baby Boo any time after that! OMG!!! He strongly feels that I'll have him/her before my due date...that would be amazing! Even if that doesn't happen, I can't believe how close I am to meeting my little one!!!
 
Here are a couple of 37 week pictures:

 
Please be praying for Mr. Boo and me. I'm planning to work until it happens which increases my curiosity about what I'll be doing when it all begins! Will my water break at a patient's house?! Will my pain be tolerable enough to get to Jimmy (we carpool) so that he can take us home to start the labor process together? Any many, many more unknowns...


No comments:

Post a Comment