Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 16: I'm in a Running Funk

Not gonna lie...I'm ready for this race to get here!!! I'm still VERY excited (and nervous) about doing a FULL marathon, but I am getting so tired of the commitment to training for it! I'm just ready to expand my workout options. I still love to run, but I've been running 4-5 days a week for the entire year and I'm ready to hit up the gym again. Fitness classes, circuit training, swimming, spin class, lifting...I miss it all! I will still continue to do some running...enough to keep me in shape for my next training program. I'm just bored and need a change.
 
Enough whining.
 
Training was messed up this week (to say the least). I had to go to Toledo for training and that totally jacked up my routine. I got back into it on Wednesday with a tough circuit training workout. I'm still sore from that! Then I did a tempo run the next day. I can still feel that hip thing I started getting last week. Today, I changed it up a bit to help with my current funk. I did 8 miles instead of 12, then I went to the Y to do some swimming with my boo. I didn't realize how much that works the legs!
 
I just need to be mentally tough at this point so that I can make it through the last 2 weeks of training. With regards to mileage, it will be the easiest two weeks of the entire program. I hope I can stay focused and motivated so that I can come close to my goal on race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment