Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, October 14, 2012

MARATHON WEEK!!!!

 
I can't believe it's finally here!!! I have trained SO LONG and hard for this race. I've had a great week...of course, training was easing since things are winding down. I've had that weird hip pain the last couple of weeks, but, this week, I really babied it. Instead of doing all running, I incorporated some swimming. I felt like I was working just as hard, but my hip started feeling better. I'm going to try to enjoy this week and reflect on the task ahead of me. Here is me before my very first marathon in 2005:
 
If only I knew what I was about to get myself into! What an amazing and challenging experience! This is me after the race (with my youngest sister and her friend):
 
I survived that one...I know I will survive this one. I would encourage everyone who can come out to do so! It really is SO ENCOURAGING to see people you know (and complete strangers) cheering you on! Honestly, that is what keeps us going strong. I decided that I'm not going to bring my music and headphones. I really want to take in my surroundings and enjoy exploring Columbus. Plus, I want to hear everyone cheering me on! If you are interested in checking it out, go to columbusmarathon.com and it will give you all the info you need about the course, parking, etc. If you can't come out, please say a huge prayer that I finish injury free, meet my goal, and, most importantly, enjoy myself despite how my body says I feel!
 
Also, if you want to track my times, go to this link:
If you type in my name, it will allow you to sign up to get texts about my times on a few different spots during the course. Also, it will post it to facebook and/or twitter if you are interested in keeping up with my progress :) I would encourage my family to check this out! It will make me feel like you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment