Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Goldrush Sangria

Mr. Boo and I went apple picking with some church friends this morning so I knew I had to think of fun things to do with all of the apples. Tonight, we are going to a Drinks & Desserts Party for married couples without kids...so I thought "I must bring a fun apple drink!" :) I did a lot of research and didn't quite find what I was looking for...so I used ideas from other recipes and came up with what I'm calling The Goldrush Sangria.
 

Ingredients:
1 bottle Pinot Grigio
2 1/2 cups Apple Cider
1/2 cup Spiced Rum
2 medium Goldrush Apples, diced
Cinnamon, a couple of shakes :)
 
First, I poured the bottle of wine into the pitcher and followed that with the apple cider. I was going to leave it at that but I couldn't get spiced rum off of my mind. I tasted a little sample of the first concoction with a little of the spiced rum...I was undecided and had Mr. Boo taste it. He encouraged me to GO FOR IT! So I added the rum. After putting in the diced goldrush apples, I put it in the fridge to let it chill for an hour. I was dying to try it to see if it tasted better chilled. Then I thought, "I wonder what it would be like with some cinnamon?" What did this Martha Stewart do? I added cinnamon, of course...and there you have it:
 
 
Goldrush Sangria. I hope others will enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment