Flying Pig 2015

Flying Pig 2015

Monday, May 2, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 24 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
I'm nearing the 5 week mark since that man ran over me. I wonder if he thinks about what he did. He obviously doesn't care because there has been no follow-up. For all he knows, the worst could have happened, but he doesn't care because I haven't heard a thing from that man that lives a mile away from me. Ugh. I think I've said this before, my biggest struggle with this whole situation has been forgiving this person. I feel like I could put closure to that part of it if I had an apology or some other form of contact from this person. I simply cannot comprehend doing this to someone and not feeling guilty about it, especially if I knew I lied to the po-po to cover my butt. Oh well, I can't make other people have a heart.

I continue with life...doing what I can. Mornings are better for me because I just take my time getting ready, hit up the gym, go to the grocery store, or just meet up with friends. Afternoons get tough because I'm worn out and start to miss Jimmy and James.
  • 4/25/16: Bis and Tris. I was feeling a little off today. I had to take more sitting breaks than usual because I would feel slightly lightheaded. My fault because I didn't eat breakfast. That evening. I got some action outside with James while Jimmy played volleyball. This two hour adventure at Hoff Park tends to wear me out a bit because I'm trying to keep up with my boy. Totally worth it, though, because he has a blast.
  • 4/26/16: Chest and Back. Today was pretty exciting because I could tell I am getting stronger! I had to increase my resistance for all of my exercises to feel the same effect. Whoop, whoop!! Today was great because Jimmy took a half day off work to bring Angel to her follow-up appointment. It allowed me to spend some time with jd3 that afternoon.
  • 4/27/16: REST. Sort of. I didn't hit up the gym, but I did have to watch James ALL DAY. Jimmy had a 7 a.m. meeting and a happy hour to attend after work. In some ways, the day was good, but I had a few mental breakdowns which seem to overshadow the good moments nowadays. It's a personal problem, but I'm allowing myself to hate my life right now. I should have the right to hate my life for at least 6-8 weeks. Why do we have to be so damn positive all the time?! We did enjoy a park date with friends and lunch at Bob Evans...all took so much energy out of me but jd3 had a blast.
  • 4/28/16: Shoulders. didn't sleep well AT ALL last night. I don't think I came downstairs until 10 a.m. or so. I wasn't motivated to dress for the gym and sat like a blob on my couch until 11:45. I finally got off my butt to get ready, put the pups in their crates, and headed to the car...just to have to turn around and come back inside. I left my freaking scooter in the Impala. I can't manage getting the dumbbells at the gym without the scooter. UGH!!!
    So not happy about the scooter situation.
    After complaining to the hubs, he promised we would beast after dinner. We went to The Y, put jd3 in child care (his first time which means he cried his face off for 5 minutes), and lifted shoulders!
  • 4/29/16: Bis and Tris. I was not myself today. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so maybe that was my problem. I had to take more sitting breaks than usual and felt lightheaded with some of my exercises. (Side note: I volunteered for elite runner check in at the Cap City half which was this year's US Championship! It was fun seeing all of the fasties.)
  • 4/30/16: Although I did not go to the gym, I am not calling today a rest day! I was supposed to run the Flying Pig Half this weekend but had to defer to next year due to my accident (THANK YOU TO THOSE IN CHARGE OF FLYING PIG FOR ALLOWING THIS DEFERRAL!!). I didn't want to leave my girl, Amanda, with the financial burden of paying for the hotel room we were supposed to share for this trip...especially since the main reason she registered was to run with me! I had quite a few friends running the various races this  weekend so I decided to join in on the race day fun and spectate. I used my knee walker all weekend to assist in getting me around the city. The hotel was less than a mile from anywhere we had to go. Between the "walk" to dinner and the hours we spent at the expo, I'm pretty confident I "walked" 2+miles this day. I sort of wish I had been wearing my Garmin to know for sure. I might have gone way more than 2 miles! It was raining after dinner and we were almost a mile from the hotel so we Uber'd back to our room. I had lots of fun with my girls today but I was SO tired (and in pain) when we got back to the hotel.
    Flashback to last year's expo! [Jackie, ME]
  • 5/1/16: Same deal as yesterday. No visit to the gym but certainly not a rest day! I did even more scooting this day. After looking back at all of the places I scooted that morning while my friends were running, I'm guessing that I probably did 5 miles minimum! OMG. I noticed this morning that the brake on my knee walker broke and I was scared to go down this particular hill with it broken. I didn't get the see the half marathoners finish but Uber'd down the hill in order to see the marathoners. I was able to scoot/walk back to the hotel because I didn't really need my brakes for the uphill. I was so freaking tired by the time we got back to Columbus. I'm thinking Monday might have to be a rest day for this momma!
    Some of the crew post race. [Megan, Amanda, ME, Dani, Jordan]. Missing Marion, Tamara, and Felicia!
It was so awesome to see so many friends at Flying Pig. It definitely turned a rough beginning of my week into a great ending. Props to the hubs for cleaning the house while I was away!! He did a great job!!
How Far Along: 24 weeks, 5 days
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: Still moving like crazy!!
Weight Gain: I decided I'm not going to weigh myself until I get off of crutches and can safely get on a scale.
Symptoms: Nothing really. Occasional nausea that goes away when I eat.
Cravings/Aversions: No coffee.
Coming Up: 26 week follow up appointment with glucose test


  1. This part really resonated with me: "...but I'm allowing myself to hate my life right now. I should have the right to hate my life for at least 6-8 weeks. Why do we have to be so damn positive all the time?!" I am also hating my life right now, and it feels good to give myself permission to do so! Hope your healing comes quickly.

    1. It's so hard. Life completely changes. Even if it's just a short amount time, it certainly doesn't seem that way in the moment. I feel your pain, Marcie.