Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, July 27, 2015

High and Lows- Week 3

It was a gorgeous week in Ohio!

This week flew by! Maybe it was because my work week was so busy but I feel like I was just sharing highs and lows from week two. I planned an easier week with decreased mileage so I'd have  fresh legs for my 5k on Saturday. I ended up with 39.44 miles (planned to run 33 miles). Oops. I ran four instead of three on Friday and ran an impromptu double on Sunday.
 
LOWS:
  • No runs with Jackie. :( Isn't there an unwritten rule that husbands of runners aren't allowed to travel on the weekends?  
 
HIGHS:
 
  • First track workout in three weeks. Now that I'm training for the full, track workouts occur less frequently. It was good to get on the track this week so my legs could get a feel of what my goal race pace felt like.
    Track workouts in the dark...it's safe, I promise.
     
  • We added Amber to our Wednesday clan this week. Need I say more?!
  • New adventures and new people. I've been going to Hip Hop Fitness on my cross training days. This week, Suzy met me at the Dublin/Powell class. It was her first time so, naturally, I was excited for her! I also ran for the first time with Lisa B. and met a couple of new folks at my 5k on Saturday.
  • I ran a 5k on Saturday. My first stroller free 5k since The Santa Race. Don't count on me racing one of these any time soon!
    The starting line! You're looking at the Top 4!
     
  • Sunday in general. I had another great run at Highbanks for my hilly route. We added some new friends to the mix this week!
    Post Highbanks. We look so happy for people that just intentionally tortured themselves.
     
    I followed that up with a stroller run in the evening. I had no intention of running a double but I wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous night and James LOVES the breeze blowing threw his hair. He was all smiles the whole time but refused a post run selfie.
    
    #jd3 did not want to be in a pic with me!
**********
The next week of training is going to be all over the place. I have very specific workouts but they won't be on my usual days at my usual times. I'll be at Lake Erie over the weekend! Although I love visiting the family cottage, I hate running in that area! I'll be doing my long run on Friday and running my hilly route late Sunday.

Three weeks down!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment