I just wanted to clarify some things about yesterday's post.
- It wasn't about an attack on me, personally. Although, these same "adults" have treated me this way in the past. I'm not the only one that has been part of their games. I wanted to clarify this because I received a lot of encouraging words yesterday (which were appreciated, of course) but I wanted y'all to know this was not me seeking attention in any way.
- I just want others to know they aren't alone in the way they feel. We are human. It is normal for humans to feel this way. The way you handle these situations is what matters. I don't always handle things in the way that I should. I can get hot-headed, angry, lash out, etc.
- The animosity I felt yesterday, and many other days towards these people, is NOT RIGHT. No matter what these people do or say to me or my friends, I should not react in any way except love.
- Loving mean people is hard...but guess what?! We are all mean at some point to someone. Don't you want to be loved even when you are a jerk? Yes, when people make the same mistakes OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, it makes loving them so much harder...but that's what we are called to do. LOVE.
- I also feel that, even though I'm called to love all people, that doesn't mean I have to be BFFs with everyone. It's just not possible. There are definitely people that you have to keep at an arm's length (or in this case, as far away as possible). Some people just aren't healthy for your life.
- I try to see the positive aspects of all people but there are simply some people that just don't allow that to happen. I've given these people the benefit of the doubt several times but now I'm done. DONE. I will be kind, I will show love, but I will not pursue (in fact, I might avoid if possible!).