Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sitting, Music, Friends, and Cuddles

My boy is 99% there with his sitting. I'm still cautious with him sitting on harder surfaces because he occasionally gets lazy/tired and falls over. I'm so insanely proud of him! Today, for the first time, we noticed him on all fours!!! We've been waiting for this one! I tried to get  it on camera buuuut...NO.  


**********

J is getting major exposure to music. We've decided he'll probably play the piano or be a drummer...or both! He'll have the perfect teachers! Last weekend, he went to his first James Davis gig. Mr. Boo played with his dad and their friend (also named Jim!) at a bar/restaurant. James had a great time and even got some drumming lessons.


He mostly likes to eat the sticks but that's a good start!


We also went to the Columbus Jazz and Rib Fest that weekend and James got to hear some great music and watch us eat some great food! The boy doesn't know what he's missing.


(My favorite picture this week)

**********

We had some good friend time this week! Our friends, The Hatti, invited us over for dinner. We grilled burgers and veggies, drank margaritas (my fav!), and topped it all off with cake! J got to play with his friend Charlotte  (10 days younger than James) and take notes on her yoga skills.

Later that week, we met our life group at Schiller Park in German Village for bible study. It was an amazing evening outside. We enjoyed a yummy Mexican style salad for dinner and sipped on Blue Moon. 


Finally, this weekend was The 5th Annual Davis Hillbilly Party! It's funny to see how the party has evolved over the years. It used to be a bunch of drinking 20-somethings partying the night away and now it's this:



LOL. Not that I'm complaining! It just cracks me up! Different and still fun. You can't go wrong with food, drinks, and friends!

Who says your life ends when you have kids?

**********

My boy is becoming a cuddler. Needless to say, I'm LOVIN' it!!! After I feed him or when I pick him up and carry him, he just gives me these sweet little hugs that put the biggest smile on my face. :) :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment