Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hills, Hills, They're Good For Your Thighs...

...the more you run 'em, the more you wanna die :)

It's Friday, I'm celebrating the end of another work week, and trying to figure out what to do on this Friday evening. I had what I thought was a brilliant idea but it turned into my biggest (not longest) running adventure with James.

I thought it would be fun to run from our house to The Y, Jimmy could meet us there with the swimming clothes, and we'd have some fun family time in the pool. Sounds awesome, right?! Well, an easy 4-5 mile run turned into the hill workout of a lifetime!

We headed towards Stygler from our house towards the direction of some trails in Gahanna. I was trying to connect to Morse/Cherry Bottom intersection (the section of Stygler from our road to Morse has no sidewalks and I thought it would be too dangerous for James and me to run).

The trail entrance was about a mile from our house including one massive uphill. I wasn't sure what to expect once we hit the trail. I had to guess where to go, I didn't know what the mileage would be, and I had to deal with the creepiness of being alone with my baby in the woods. There were a few little hills and at least two huge ones on the trail path. I was hoping that would be it once I hit up Morse Road. I finally made it to my first destination....

When I made it to Morse and looked towards the direction of Hamilton, I remembered that this entire mile was one gradual incline! NOOOOO!!!! As if the other hills weren't enough while pushing a baby in a stroller! James and I pushed through it and made it to The Y...running just over 5 miles. Not the adventure I wanted the day before a long run!



********************

On a similar but different note, James and I start our 12 week half marathon training tomorrow!!! I'm really excited about the workouts on my program and hope that J can stick with me through those long runs.



No comments:

Post a Comment