Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lake Erie, Fatigue, and James Won't Eat...


Jimmy and I took last Friday off so that we could enjoy a short 28 hours at Lake Erie. We stayed at the family cottage in Huron which is a short 30 second walk to a private beach! We go at least once each summer but this time was special because it was James' first beach experience as well as Izzie and Angel's! 



Prior to leaving, J and I went on a 7.4 mile run around our neighborhood followed by a delicious breakfast at Der Dutchman with daddy. This was James' FIRST time to sit in a high chair at a restaurant:


After settling in at Lake Erie, we enjoyed some walks, went out to eat, and went to Mr. Boo's favorite childhood ice cream place...Pied Piper!


James didn't sleep too well that night...new place, different bed. I slept with him in one of the beds which means I didn't really sleep well because I was paranoid about him falling off of the bed. Despite the sleeping issues, we enjoyed our day at the beach. Grandma Griffith put James feet in the water. I couldn't tell if he was a fan:


Our quick trip was a perfect family getaway and a great way to start the weekend!

********

This hot and humid weather is really taking a toll on my body. I've been so tired during my runs! I, somehow, have managed to survive the heat while pushing J in the stroller but it hasn't been easy. I'm just straight up exhausted. Mr. Boo and I decided I needed to get some protein in my body right after I finish my run. I'm not a huge fan of protein powder drinks (although I love protein smoothies) so we came up with an idea. I have a recent obsession with chocolate and peanut butter (a.k.a. Reese's). Jimmy ordered me some chocolate peanut butter protein powder that I will mix with chocolate milk. Hopefully it's good and I can suck down 8 ounces worth after my workouts!

********

We have been trying solids with James for 4-5 weeks now. We have tried sweet potatoes, carrots, avocados, and bananas. J's been the most receptive to bananas. I'm sure he's still trying to figure out how to eat but, honestly, I don't think he likes it! My plan is just to keep trying different fruits and veggies until I find something he seems to like. If that doesn't happen, I guess it's gonna be breast milk until he can eat finger foods!  


FOR ALL THOSE MOMMAS OUT THERE: DID YOUR BABIES DO WELL TRANSITIONING FROM MILK TO SOLIDS?

No comments:

Post a Comment