Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Baby James: 16 Weeks...Practice Makes Perfect


What a cool week this has been! James has been the biggest rock star!!!

This week's firsts:

-My Baby Boo held up his head while on his elbows for several seconds (for the first time on
Saturday night)...he has become obsessed with doing it as the week goes on. I can't say he enjoys tummy time but it's a lot better for him now that he's getting stronger :)

-James rolled over from his back to his belly!!! He did his first quarter roll when my mom was here a couple weeks ago. By the beginning of this week, he progressed to a 3/8 roll...he couldn't quite figure out how to get completely over his arm. Tonight (yes, it's almost midnight and I'm up typing this), I had to go to the store so Mr. Boo watched James. He went to the kitchen to do something, came back, and J was on his belly! After that, Baby J couldn't stop doing it! He's such a wiggle worm!

-J ate all four of his bottles at the sitter's! He usually eats two or three 4 oz. bottles when I work a full day. Growth spurt maybe?!

-His first diaper rash. Since we cloth diaper, I used coconut oil. It seemed to really help.


I told you guys last week that I was going to start crib training. It was rough at first cuz he was still waking every couple hours. BUT, I have a genius patient that gave me the best idea EVER (and she doesn't even have kids): I was telling her that James falls asleep to his sound machine. She told me, instead of getting him up when he wakes after the two hours, turn on the sound machine to see if he'll go back to sleep. So simple! I can't believe I didn't think of that! 
I tried. It worked. Yay.  The problem? I got tired of getting up every 2 hours to turn it back on! LOL. So Jimmy decided to take our sound machine, that stays on all night long, and put it in James' room. It has been a miracle. Since doing that, his first stretch of sleep has been 5-6 hours long!
Crib training has been interesting, too. I've seen James in just about every position possible when I go to get him out of bed. Now that he can roll over, I even find him on his stomach (which really freaks me out...is that ok, by the way?). 

I was fortunate enough to have two short days at work this week that allowed me to pick James up early and enjoy some extra special time with him at home. 

Wow...what a week! Being a mom is awesome!!

The original James Robert Davis aka Grandpa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment