Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Baby James: 18 Weeks...Rolling, Running, and Rendezvous


This has been a weird week for James. I'm not sure if I should blame it on the shots he got at the doctor on Tuesday or a growth spurt....but that's life with a baby. Things can change in the blink of an eye! I bragged last week that James had finally started sleeping well enough for me to get some shut eye. Since his appointment on Tuesday, he's been waking every 3-ish hours (until last night when he seemed to return back to the 5 hour phase). 

His eating has also been weird since his appointment. When he's not at the sitter, he's eating every hour! That's exhausting for a breastfeeding momma! James also decided to ban naps from his weekend agenda which has made him slightly fussier.

Speaking of appointment, James' visit went very well! He weighed in at 12 lbs. 8 oz. and is 25 inches long. He is in the 45th percentile for height and 4th for weight....skinny boy! Despite his size, he is a strong little  man. The doc was impressed by his skills. While at the appointment, I saw him roll from his tummy to his back for the first time! I think he was showing off for Dr. D. He received his second round of shots and we got some education about starting real food. Dr. D said he is growing well enough that I should be fine to breastfeed him until he's 6 months (Yay!). 

Here's where I want to hear from the breastfeeding/pumping moms out there:
I got concerned this week about my milk supply. It hasn't decreased but I have the fear that it will since James is sleeping longer at night. My boobs are used to being pumped/fed from at least every 3 hours. When he sleeps 5-6 hours at night, he doesn't always eat from both sides. I guess I'm just nervous that my supply will decrease and I'll have to start giving him formula. What are your experiences regarding this?


Let's end on a positive note with some of our adventures from this week:

-Jimmy and I both took off work for doctor appointment day so we were able to spend that day as a family!

-Jimmy and I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday and we brought home our favorite food from Carabba's and had a family dinner. Then our wonderful friends, The Hendersons, watched James while we went to have cheesecake and a cocktail at Cheesecake Factory. I missed James dearly but I know Jimmy and I need that time together. 

-We went on a family walk at Creekside...James in the carrier, our girls on their leashes.



-We watched daddy play volleyball then went on our first run with the jogging stroller (P.S. I am SO OUT OF RUNNING SHAPE!!!). Now that I have the stroller, I can go on some runs during the week!


Next up for James: 
-Perfection of rolling and working on his sitting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment