Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baby James: 15 Weeks...Odd Behavior and Oatmeal


I've eaten oatmeal every morning for 4 weeks straight! That's a big deal for me...I hated oatmeal. Believe it or not, I actually look forward to eating it every morning. (For those who are confused, I was told by a few sources that it would help my milk production. I was concerned recently about pumping enough milk during the day...I think it's working!)
James' new favorite toy. 

I know this pic is horrible BUT I wanted to capture him sucking on his fingers!


James has displayed some behaviors lately that are not odd in general for babies but odd for him (Probably just him moving from one baby phase to another):
His cute little half smirk that the sitter and her daughter love!

 -He's been eating only two 4 oz. bottles at the sitter (he was eating three)

-J will get fussy for what seems to be no reason and nothing seems to help except for one thing...IGNORING HIM! If we just ignore him, he falls asleep.

-Speaking of sleep, his napping is better (last week I mentioned that he was trying everything in his little power NOT to take naps)

-Night time sleeping is still mostly awful but there were a couple of nights he slept close to 4 hours before waking. I'm doing ok with it, overall; it's just that initial 20 seconds that I curse or throw my pillow against the bed because I have to get up...lol.

-I was so tired one night that I used conditioner as face wash in the shower.
Learning to grasp things.

This week's positives:

-I signed J and me up for mommy and baby yoga! We start at the end of April and I'm so excited!

-Tuesdays are my new favorite day. We have nothing planned on those evenings and I don't feel like I have to hurry to get things accomplished. It gives me more time to spend with my little man :)

-James has had some great tummy times this week. His big ole head is getting stronger and I'm becoming less paranoid about it.

-I ran my first 5k since having James! It got me excited for upcoming races!!!
Falling asleep at church.

-Mr. Boo and I went on a baby-less date to Local Cantina and Home Depot.

Finally, I've been saying the last week that I feel like James is teething. I've had some support but mostly people making fun of me for thinking that. Before I say what I'm about to say, people should not get offended if you are one of those who has made fun of me thinking about this...I'm not mad, it's not big deal, don't be so dang sensitive! So, anyway, I sometimes crack myself up when I read some of the things I have written in my journal over the week. Here is a direct quote from Thursday:

"Every time I tell someone I suspect teething, they basically make fun of me. It's interesting to hear people TRY to say things in a nice way but you still want to punch them."

I guess the only way to find out is to wait. And, if I'm wrong, guess what? Life goes on! :)

This week:

-I would like to start crib training James. We've still had him in the pack-n-play but I think I'll sleep better if he is in his crib...he's currently napping in it right now! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment