Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Baby Shower #2- Marysville Style

If you're a regular follower, you know that I had my first shower in West Virginia in late September. I wrote about it HERE. Yesterday, I had my second shower which included friends from church, work, and/or Hip Hop Fitness. I was initially concerned because the shower was held in Marysville and my friends live in various places around Columbus. I've made that drive so many times that it's nothing to me...but for those who don't make it out that way, it may seem like an eternity! I am so blessed that a good group of women were able to show up!

The girls minus Sarah G. Two of my planners are on each side of me (Lindsay and Jenny).

The same group but including Joan (yellow shirt, my mother-in-law and other planner).
 
My obsession with themes was greatly satisfied yesterday :) I love the fall and the book "The Giving Tree." My shower planners played off of those themes (My friends, Jenny and Lindsay, along with one of my mothers-in-law, Joan, planned the party). They did an amazing job! Here are some pics of the décor:



Cute plates/napkins!

That's an actual tree that was given to me...now I just need to plant it!


The flowers were given away as gifts to game winners.
 
It was a relaxed environment that included some appropriate games (guess the baby food, guess the size of Lisa's belly, and name songs with "baby" in it). I was glad I didn't have to guess melted candy bars in diapers!
The food was amazing as well! We had chili, veggies, and a cheese tray along with apple cider to imbibe (the guests had the option of adding carmel vodka...I'm sad I missed out on that one!). There were also wonderful fall desserts including this apple granola bake, apple pie, and pumpkin pie. YUMMY!!!
The only time I felt awkward was during gift opening, of course! I felt my face turn SO RED! And my pits were sweating like crazy! I appreciated every gift that I received and can't wait to use them with Baby Boo!

Thanks so much to the planners and the party attenders for everything!! I felt so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment