Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Pregnancy Goal...

...to be an inspiration.
 
 
I can't really remember a time/moment in my life that I've felt I can be an inspiration to others (maybe this is me being hard on myself...or maybe I just wasn't paying attention when God gave me these opportunities). When I got pregnant, all I could think about was staying active the entire pregnancy and being as healthy as possible...not just for me, but for Baby Boo and Mr. Boo.
 
I just felt like God wanted to use me to inspire other women and show them that IT CAN BE DONE! I am now 34 weeks into my pregnancy and never imagined that I would still be able to do what I'm doing with regards to exercise. I promise this is not me bragging but me simply letting people know it's possible. So many people get pregnant and think life has to stop. They often use pregnancy as an excuse to be lazy, eat whatever crap is in front of them, and have others do everything for them. Maybe it's my independent soul but that just never appealed to me!
 
So, what am I still doing at 34 weeks? Here are a few things (again, I'm not bragging but inspiring):
 
-Hip Hop Fitness every Monday
-Running (now more like jogging) at least twice a week...yes, I'm slower...yes, I run less
-Other various workouts at the gym
-A lot of family walks with our dogs
-Yard work including mowing and raking/bagging leaves (if you've ever seen my yard, you know I don't garden)
-Until November came around, I was doing a 5k race 1-2 times each month
-I can still tolerate my job duties (I'm a home health PT so I'm constantly up, down, and all around)
 
...that's just to name a few. Now that my belly has grown and I'm obviously pregnant, I get a lot of weird looks...especially when I'm jogging...but I also get a lot of smiles and encouraging words from strangers.
 
Being only 6 weeks away from my due date, I'm entering into the hard phase of pregnancy. I am growing by the day, I don't sleep, my body gets tired more easily, etc. but I can honestly say that I still feel amazing and very positive about the things that sound like they suck. Only the Lord knows what my labor and delivery experience will be but I feel like he has used my motivation to stay active to prepare me exactly how He feels I need to be prepared...He is good like that :)
 
So, to you ladies out there, I pray that I can be an inspiration to you all and that I didn't do all of this for nothing! I can't wait to share my next 6ish weeks with y'all and share Baby Boo's birth story!! Oh my goodness...I can't believe how close we are to that special day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment