Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Baby Boo: 35 Weeks

I seriously cannot believe I'm only 5ish weeks away from meeting Baby Boo...unreal.

I know the numbers they show are averages but I cannot believe that my babes is that long!

Thebump.com mentions that the uterus is approximately 1,000 times its original size...that's crazy to think about! It also says that the baby responds best to high pitched noises (I automatically thought about my dog, Izzie...her bark is so high pitched sometimes that I know Baby Boo is probably lovin' it).

Yes, I pee ALL THE TIME...Yes, I'm constipated...but I still feel so awesome!!! I am totally convinced that it's because I stay so active. I know I still have 5ish weeks to grow but that's not enough reason for me to start sitting on my butt.

This was another rough week in the sleep department until two nights ago. I became very congested last Wednesday evening and didn't sleep well that night (maybe 1-2 hours). Things just go worse the next day...I even stayed home from bible study to rest/sleep. This trend lasted through the weekend but I finally started to feel better a couple of nights ago and can tell I've gotten more sleep. It's amazing what a couple extra hours can do for you!

Despite the lack of sleep and congestion, I was able to enjoy a surprise baby shower put on by my coworkers last Thursday morning at our meeting. There was lots of fruit, bagels, and cake as well as wonderful gifts :) They made me feel special, for sure.

This week, I also bought a couple of things for the baby room and washed all of the clothes, blankets, etc. that we've received so far.



I'm still surviving the same workout routine and feeling great doing it...so thankful! I'm really listening to my body as I'm working out and NEVER get pain. I'm also having less pelvic soreness which is awesome.

This week, we met our pediatrician. The books and articles I've read made such a big deal out of this task. It makes me wonder if people actually go on several interviews to find a pediatrician. I figure, if a friend recommends the doctor and the doctor seems nice and knowledgeable, it's not rocket science....I dunno...that's just how I felt after meeting her. We also found out that she is the doctor in her practice that is in charge of seeing babies born at St. Ann's (where we are delivering). She said, if it's during the week, she will be able to come see the baby for a check up at the hospital the morning after it's born. I thought that was kinda neat.

Here's what has been on my mind lately: I'm not scared about labor and delivery. Of course I'm nervous! I just feel so confident in my husband and the team at the hospital that I know I will be in good hands. I'm just starting to wonder about what I'll be doing and where I'll be when it all goes down! I guess that's the exciting part. I would like to think that I'll be at home but I might be at work or church or the store...oh my, the possibilities! I just can't wait to have a birth story to tell the world!

Alright, here's my 34 week pic taken last Friday:

P.S. I have my last shower on Saturday and I'm so excited!! Then I get to look forward to shopping for anything left on my registries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment