Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baby Boo: 26 Weeks

Again, work/life has been insanely busy so I'm late posting this week!
 
 
Mmmm...lettuce.
 
I think Baby Boo is experiencing a growth spurt this week. I haven't been abnormally hungry my whole pregnancy until this week. I usually eat 2 waffles in the morning before work and that keeps me happy until around 10 a.m. This week, I noticed that I was STARVING even after eating my waffles. Yesterday, all the snacks I typically bring in my car to eat during the day just weren't doing it for me. I HAD to stop by McDonald's! I ordered a 10 piece nugget meal, medium size, ate the entire meal and didn't feel like barfing! The normal Lisa would be really full after eating a 6 piece nugget meal...that's why I'm convinced that it's Baby Boo starting to grow more!
 
Baby Boo is kicking all the time and it's awesome.
 
We had our next-to-last birth class this week and got to hear a couple share their birth story from about a month ago. This couple was part of our class the first 5 or 6 weeks but had to stop coming because they went into labor! Their baby was freakin' precious. Anyway, it was really cool to hear their experience and the unexpected events that came about during labor and delivery. They were able to go unmedicated but it wasn't easy...their labor started Sunday evening and lasted to Wednesday night! Oh my goodness! She worked really hard for a long time! Luckily, she didn't spend that entire time at the hospital. We learned a lot from what she said she did wrong with regards to what we learned in class. It was a huge blessing to be able to learn from their experience.
 
I usually post a race report when I do a race but I didn't have time this week so I thought I'd mention it here. The race was called "Taking Strides for Kids" and it was held at Creekside in Gahanna. It was mostly on trails which was awesome. I was very familiar with the route because I ran it a lot last year while training for the marathon. I can't believe how amazing I felt! My mile average was under 10 minutes which was totally unexpected! I was tired and a little sore the rest of the day but felt better the next day and was able to do Hip Hop Fitness for 2 hours!
I continue to be super encouraged by exercising. It makes me feel awesome and I know it's only helping. Even when I feel so tired (like before Hip Hop on Monday), exercising gives me that extra energy I need to keep going :)
 
 
photo.JPG
Post Race at Creekside
 
Finally, I'm headed to WV tomorrow after work for my first baby shower!! I'm so excited and can't wait to see everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment