Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm never running a race again!

SIKE! That's the nice version of some of the statements I was shouting during my marathon :) It's been 2 months since I finished that race and I've been on the treadmill to run only three times! I can't stand running outside in the winter...hurts my lungs. This past week, I've started thinking about running again...I miss it. This time, I'm starting small. I'm planning to do this 10K at the end of February:
My motivation? It's 20 miles less than I ran October 21st! As you all know by now, I have to have a goal to be motivated. So this race is my next goal and this is the training program I will follow:
 
WeekMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
1CT30 min tempoRest or CT4 miRest5 mi3 mi EZ
2CT4 x 400 IWRest or CT4 miRest6 mi3.5 mi EZ
3CT35 min tempo4 mi3 miRest7 mi3 mi EZ
4CT5 x 400 IWRest4 mi race paceRest7 mi3 mi EZ
5CT35 min tempo5 mi3 mi race paceRest8 mi4 mi EZ
6CT6 x 400 IW5 mi4 mi race pace2 miles EZRest10K race
It's the first 6 weeks of a 12 week training program for a half marathon (which will probably be my next adventure). I decided to stay away from full marathons this coming year. It just doesn't excite me after my recent experience. I love the program above because it includes cross training days (i.e. Hip Hop Fitness on Mondays!) and speed workouts on Tuesdays. Plus, the mileage is WAY less than I had to do for the marathon so that automatically makes it better!
In the words of Dolvett (Biggest Loser Trainer): "Hard Work! Dedication!"


No comments:

Post a Comment