Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lookin' like a fool with my body on the ground...

This is how I felt today after the 12th mile of my run:


 All I wanted to do was give up and collapse on the ground. Luckily for me, the weather couldn't have been better, considering it's August. The sun was hiding and there was a cool breeze. It felt so great...but I still sweat my you-know-what off. I get so sweaty and nasty when I workout...EWW!

Before I go on, I have to admit that I skipped my strength training workout this week :( It's usually my favorite workout of the week. The craziness at work has just made me so exhausted that I decided to take it easy yesterday. I think that decision really helped my knee and hip. They didn't seem to bother me during my long run today.
I averaged a 9:thirty-something pace for the first twelve miles (map my run application on my phone wasn't calculating the mileage correctly so I had to estimate mile times based on my stopwatch...I can only do so much math in my head while running!). Mile 13 is when it all came crashing down. I knew that, if I didn't walk, I would hurt myself like I did last week. So I decided to do a little walking. I probably walked 1/4 mile or so and jogged again. I made it to mile 15 and had to stretch my back. My back was bothering me like crazy! After stretching, I walked a little and finished up as strong as I could the last 1 1/2 miles.
I'm beyond exhausted. I took a nap and still feel so tired. But I know that it will all be worth it when I make it to the finish line of the race without dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment