Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Friday, August 24, 2012

My Marathon Goal

 
I've been struggling with setting an appropriate goal for my marathon. I want it to be realistic AND challenging at the same time. My first, and only, marathon time is 4:35:57 (back in 2005). I feel like I'm a better runner now than I was then. With that being said, I decided that I want my goal time to be:
 
4:15:00
 
This would make my average mile pace 9:44. I would like to think that I could hold that pace the entire race but I know from previous race experience that certain areas will pump me up (crowd cheering, music blasting, etc.) and some areas will be less exciting. If I crushed my goal, I'd be ok with that :) But I certainly can't be slower or I'll be disappointed. So come out and cheer for me so I can meet my goal!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment