Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, August 13, 2012

Chi-town


I had the BEST time this past weekend in Chicago! Jimmy and I went with our friends Dan and Becca (both Chicago regulars) and their friends Ryan and Jen. We stayed in a hotel downtown and had a great room (minus the drama of the hotel jacking up our reservation). Here is one of the views from the 29th floor of the Fairmont Chicago (what you see is part of Millenium Park):


After waking up and working out Friday morning, we started our day by going to Millenium Park. We got to hear an orchestra rehearsing for a concert later that night. We then headed down Michigan Avenue. I've never seen so many expensive stores in all my life! The city is so beautiful and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We then had lunch at Gino's (yummy Chicago style pizza) and headed to the Hancock building where we had a drink on the 95th floor! My drink of choice? The Chicago Martini:

Later the night we went out on the town and ate at Hub 51. I would definately recommend checking it out if you ever go to Chi-town. They had amazing tacos and I tried my first Gin and Tonic!


The next day, we went to the beach, went to a BBQ at Dan's brother's house, and came back to the suite to play "The Game of Things" (the single most amazing game I've ever played!). After waking up the next morning, we hit up the breakfast buffet, drove to Indy and ate at Mug N Bun, and passed by Lucas Oil Stadium :) GO COLTS!
Thanks Dan and Bec for showing us a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment