Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, May 8, 2017

I Have No Plan

Really...I don't. I know you don't believe me. Everything that happened this week was pulled out of my non-programmed brain.

Curly hair, don't care.
The beginning of this week was the struggle of not running too fast. I wanted to stay closer to 9 minute miles just to be nice to my body. I was mostly unsuccessful. This week was also tough outside of my running life. Work was insane AGAIN, and Jimmy had to work a couple of really late nights. Blah. Enough whining.
 
  • 5/1: 6.04 miles, 8:17/mile. Oops. This always, ALWAYS happens when I run with Marion and we don't pay attention. I was happy to spend some time with this sweet lady. We were sprinkled by rain (until the last 0.10 when it decided to start pouring), stripped down to our sports bras, and dodged a crazy ass duck that was up WAY too early. Shouldn't ducks be sleeping at 5 a.m.? And why was he flying around in a neighborhood without a pond?
    Wet. [ME, Marion]
  • 5/2: Yoga and upper body workout, 1 hour. I spent an hour at the gym doing some yoga and lifting mostly chest and back. I'm going to be SO SORE! I haven't done a chest/back workout in a couple of weeks.
  • 5/3: 8:08 miles, 8:31/mile. Ok, let's talk about this. I was going to run with Dani and Marion in Powell. I chose not to because I thought I would be tempted to go to fast. I really wanted to keep my pace slower than 8:40. The intended workout with the Westerville girls should have kept me slower...but it obviously didn't. UGH. The one whose workout we were doing cancelled so we didn't pay attention to the pace because it didn't matter for us. I did feel good, but I felt horrible because I felt like I should be going slower! I don't know why, but I feel like I really need to take advantage of this short recovery break that I have before I get back to the grind in June. I've been SO good about avoiding injury and I want to keep it that way! And here I go thinking too much.
    April miles. Not my best, but o.k. considering taper and recovery.
  • 5/4: 4.05 miles, 9:05/mile. The plan was 4-6 miles, but I was leaning towards the higher end. Once I got going, I knew I would be ok with 4 miles! A couple of the girls were tapering, and the other was coming off of a race. We all had the whatever attitude.
    Yes, Schneider's again. [Elizabeth, Meg, Karen, ME]
  • 5/5: Glutes/Bis/Tris, 45 minutes. Rested from running and met my boo at the gym to pump some iron.
    Love my girl!

    Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    Day date!
  • 5/6: 12.01 miles, 8:56/mile. Long run in New Albany with Jessie, Katie, and Tamara. Jennifer and Heather joined us for a 5k loop at the beginning. The run felt mostly good, but I was glad when it was finished.
    [Tamara, ME, Jessie, Katie]

    This boy BEGGED me to take him to the expo...so, we drove to Cincy!

    Grandpa is somewhere in there.
  • 5/7: 4 miles, 9:05/mile; 1 hour Yoga class. I wasn't motivated AT ALL to get out and run when I woke up...probably because I was solo and sleepy. I set out with 6 in mind but thought "Why?" I then decided 4 would be enough. I ran to the local track which is about 1.87 miles away, ran a lap because I missed the way the track felt under my feet, and ran back home. Bing, bang, bong.
 
**********
 
I'm still not excited about the 50k...but I'm not really excited about anything at the moment. Just feeling blah.


 


1 comment:

  1. Be patient with yourself. You are growing stronger everyday. The weight of the world will become lighter… and you will begin to shine brighter. Don’t give up. - Robert Tew.

    When life knocks you down on your knees, remember: you’re in the perfect position to pray.


    Thinking of you and sending positive prayers your way <3

    ReplyDelete