Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

CSWS: Week 2

Can't Stop, Won't Stop
 
**********
 
I had to schedule my runs differently this week because of a 5k on Saturday. I replaced my tempo run with my 5k and had to put my long run on Sunday so I wasn't too tired for my 5k.

Also, this week, I realized I've completely failed with regards to doing my "strides." I've seen people talk about these so called strides and didn't really understand their purpose...especially if I was already doing speed work consistently. When I received my training program, I realized I had an easy run each week that ended with strides. I thought, "What the hell...let's give this stride thing a try." Week one, I did a last minute 5k which replaced my easy run + strides. This week, I simply forgot to do them! UGH. I'm not really sure how that happened, but I failed to even perform them. By the time I realized I did this, it was long run day and I wondered if it would even benefit me to do them.
 
 
  • 5/29: 5 miles, 8:54/mile. Met up with a group of gals for some Memorial Day miles! It was casual, easy, and sweaty. I love that the sun is making a regular appearance!
    Missing a few in the pic, but we had a nice turnout!
  • 5/30: Upper body and Abs, 30 minutes. I took a running rest day and planned to go to the gym after work. When the end of the day rolled around, I was too lazy to make it happen! Soon after, I felt guilty for not going so I made a list of exercises I could do at home without the need of a gym. After I finished, I worked on my headstand for yoga class...quite comical if you ask me.
  • 5/31: 8 miles, 8:35/mile. Speed day! Technically my program said "track workout," but who does several 1600s on the track when you can do it on the road?! I met up with a group of girls who basically had the same workout but they had to do it at a faster pace. I decided to join and just bring up the rear. Workout: 2 mile warm up, 3x1600m with 800m recovery, 2 mile cool down. I was supposed to do my first interval at half marathon pace and get faster each interval so that my last was 10k pace. Since I don't know what those paces are for me right now, I used three different pace calculators to get goal paces based on my goal marathon time. From that, I decided my splits would be 7:45, 7:35, and 7:25. My actuals were: 7:31, 7:25, 7:12...almost identical to my 5k splits from Sunday! UGH. That means I should have had a better race. BLAH!!
    Lots of fast ladies! [Tamara, Jessie, Kimberly, Meg, Karen, Amy, ME]
  • 6/1: 4.35 miles, 9:04/mile; upper body and glutes, 35 minutes. I continued my trend of short, easy runs in Gahanna with Sarah. Looking forward to resting my legs until Saturday!
  • 6/2: Upper body and Abs, 30 minutes. Resting those legs today.
    My loves.
  • 6/3: 2.01 mile warm up, 9:16/mile; 3.03 mile race, 7:20/mile; 1 mile cool down, 8:58/mile. Race recap on a separate post!
  • 6/4: 13 miles, 9:15/mile. Solo long run. I was SO tired during this run! Not only has Ruthie had trouble sleeping at night (teething and ear infection), but my legs were worn out from that 5k. I think I actually ran part of it with my eyes closed!
    Some nature time in Gahanna.
**********
 Overall, I'd say it was a successful training week. I wish my long run didn't feel as sluggish, but it will only make me stronger.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment