Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, July 28, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 37 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner:
 
**********
Belly selfie!

 All of my runs felt amazing this week! Definitely a confidence booster. Let's just hope my hard work continues to pay off and I can bounce back after I have this little one.

Also, this week, some of my sweet friends threw me and my girl, Jackie, a baby shower (we are due just two weeks apart!!). I was so happy to see everyone since I can't keep up with any of them on the road right now!
Trying to hug with our big bellies! [Jackie, ME]
 
A few of my sweet friends...missing some, of course! [Megan, Dani, Marion, Christine, Amanda, Jackie, ME]

  • 7/25/16: 3.1 miles, 11:29/mile. I joined a group of ladies in New Albany for a little 5k action. Early morning runs haven't been my thang lately, but I was ready to rock it today. It was super muggy out, but I loved all of the sweat!! I'm hoping for motivation to get up another morning or two this week.
    Rockin' the mean streets of New Albany.
  • 7/26/16: REST. Trying to play it smart and allow my body to get the rest it needs so that I can enjoy the moments I do run. Today, I was going on two days in a row of feeling like complete crap during the day...migraine, nausea. I'm guessing it was the heat but I'm not sure. I've been a complete mental case about going into labor.
  • 7/27/16: 3 miles, 10:40/mile. I had just enough time after work to get in a few miles since I opted to "sleep in" this morning. I was bored after running a mile on the Y treadmill so I hit up the indoor track. Yes, it takes 17 laps to get a mile, but, for some reason, that seemed way better than the treadmill. I must have been feeling good today because mile two was sub 10 (9:50)! My first sub 10 mile since I was able to run again. I'm looking forward to returning to running post baby and working my way back into the 8's for my easy runs.
    All smiles after that run.
  • 7/28/16: REST. I continued my trend of resting the day after a run. My body seems to be holding up that way!
  • 7/29/16: 3.11 miles, 10:46/mile. Another early morning with the New Albany crew! I felt so good today. Nowadays, I get very nervous about joining these groups. I just never know how I'm going to feel and don't want to hold anyone back from what they need to do.
    
    Another early morning?! What's wrong with me?
  • 7/30/16: 4 miles, 10:30/mile. So, I broke my two-days-in-a-row rule. I guess I was hoping that a good run would help me have my baby over the weekend. My pelvis actually felt good until the last quarter mile. It wasn't in a lot of pain...just starting to get a little sore. I had the pleasure of running with Heather. She was my partner yesterday morning as well. A few of us convinced her to do 4 miles which is a recent mileage PR for her! It was really awesome to see her excitement!!
    Big ole group on Saturday!
  • 7/31/16: REST. Decided to eat my weight in food at a church potluck.
 
**********

Just me, JD, and Chuck.
How Far Along: 37 weeks, 5 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: I had a great appointment on Tuesday. Baby Boo Deux's heart rate was 132 bpm. James was dying to hear the baby's heart beat so he joined me for that part of the appointment. I was 1 cm dialated and 60% effaced.
 
Weight Gain: Didn't weigh myself this week.
    

 
Symptoms: I had those two days of nausea and migraines along with some false labor...4 hours of contractions on Wednesday! They started at 4pm and progressed until about 7pm. They finally subsided around 8pm. I felt good the rest of the week.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: No coffee this week even though I want it so bad!
 
 
Coming Up: I'm officially going to the OB weekly until I deliver...every Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment