Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, July 17, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 35 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
**********
 I rested a lot from running in the middle of the week. I've been really concerned about my knee. I know it's a pain that has resulted from my foot injury. (SCREAM!!!) Because of my mess of a leg, I decided to really focus on strengthening the next couple of months rather than how often I get to run. I hope this will benefit me more than getting the miles that I desire.
  • 7/11/16: 2 miles, 12:46/mile. I intended to wake up early and enjoy cooler weather, but getting up early just isn't happening nowadays. I need to sleep when I can! Because of life, I had to wait until after 8pm to head out. I wanted to get back in time to kiss and hug my little munchkin before he went to bed (which meant I only had time for two miles). I decided to skip a walking warm up because I wanted to get in as much running as possible. I felt ok-ish at first, but my pain settled in fairly quickly. It would come and go, but I just dealt with it so I could get home. Even though running isn't as tolerable as I'd like it to be, I'm still enjoying every moment out there.
    One of the reasons time was limited...but the best reason. Love my boy.
  • 7/12/16: 4 miles cycling, 15 minutes; 1.5 miles running, 20:08. I was going to take today off of running and just stick to cycling, but the treadmill was very tempting. When I do walk/run intervals outside, I never really know my mile splits. I just guess the range by looking at my pace occasionally. I ended up doing a walking warm up of 0.25 miles, 1 mile at 12 min/mile, 0.25 walking cool down. The running portion was actually pretty easy with regards to cardiovascular/respiratory systems. It was my leg pain that stopped me. I came to the realization that I need to focus more on my leg strengthening the next two months. I figure, I'm not going to shatter any running records before I have the baby. After the baby, I'm sure I'll have to take 4 weeks off of running. I might as well put a huge focus on my strengthening in the meantime so it can be nice and strong when I make my comeback.
  • 7/13/16: REST. Even though my leg was bothering me all day, it was so hard to rest today because I had a short work day and a lot of extra time to spare. I was so exhausted, though, that I knew resting was necessary. I did spend some time thinking about the changes I needed to make to get stronger and survive this phase.
  • 7/14/16: Leg Beasting. I got with my hubs to help me think of ideas for a good leg strengthening program. I came up with a good list and put it into action today. There are some exercises I can do daily, and others that I'll do just a few times a week. My hope is that focusing on this the rest of my pregnancy and the 4 weeks post pregnancy (the weeks I won't be allowed to run), will get me strong enough to tolerate running again.
  • 7/15/16: 8 cycling miles, 30:02. After waking up and seeing my only patient for the day, I decided my leg was still irritated enough that I shouldn't run (three days in a row...UGH). As much as resting from running is annoying me, I know it's the best thing. I just want to enjoy the moments that I am able to run while pregnant rather then being in intense pain every time. The cycling felt great, and I was still able to get a great workout.
  • 7/16/16: 3.25 miles, 12:28/mile.  I did a 0.25 mile walking warm up and ran 3 miles. My pain was the worst in the first mile, but I felt mostly warmed up after that. I find it so frustrating, though, that my lungs feel like they can go so much faster but my leg doesn't want to cooperate.
    James LOVES being in my post run selfies. He asks me everyday, "Did you go running, mommy?!"
  • 7/17/16: 3.1 miles, 11:25/mile. As sore as I was yesterday from running then prepping/hosting the hillbilly party, I woke up feeling great (sleepy, but not sore). I was planning to do my leg rehab and nothing else, but my knee didn't bother me at all through the morning or afternoon. We decided to do family gym time at The Y, so I hit up the treadmill. Because of time constraints, I skipped a walking warm up. It ended up working out in my favor. I had my usual knee pain the first half mile, but it mostly went away after that! I was so excited. I could feel that my knee wasn't right, but I wouldn't consider it a pain. I did start to get weak towards the end of the run and my knee gave way a time or two. Other than that, I felt really good about this run. I had no signs of ankle or foot pain. I started the pace at 12mm and progressed to 10:50-ish pace. It was a great end to my week!
    He's the best little dude.
 
 
**********

How Far Along: 35 weeks, 5 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: OB appointment was short and sweet. Baby Boo Deux's heart rate was in the 130's, and doc says he's still predicting a 6 lbs. and some change baby.
 
Weight Gain: 30-ish lbs.
    

 
Symptoms: Sleep is so back and forth. Hopefully I'll have more good nights than bad in my future.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing.
 
 
Coming Up: OB appointment two weeks from this past Tuesday...then I'll start weekly appointments. Eek. I get to look forward to a vaginal exam. Super.

No comments:

Post a Comment